When looking for a new home for their young or growing family, parents often decide to purchase based on the quality and proximity of neighborhood schools.
Our Saluda River Club homeowners with school-aged children are pleased that the master-planned community is served by schools in the top-rated Lexington School District One school system including the new River Bluff High School (RBHS opened in August 2013), only a few miles down the street from Saluda River Club, on Corley Mill Road in Lexington (SC) as well as Meadow Glen Elementary and Meadow Glen Middle School.
RBHS is fed by Meadow Glen Elementary, Lexington Elementary, Midway Elementary, New Providence Elementary and Oak Grove Elementary schools, and is expected to grow to approximately 2,500 students in a number of years.
At the beginning of the school year, we’d like to share some tips and reminders for drivers – especially with regard to the school buses on the road. Let’s all be extra careful, extra patient, and extra alert.
Practice School Bus Safety:
- Be alert as children walk to and from their school bus stop.
- Exercise care and be responsive as children gather and wait at their bus stop.
- When you see the yellow flashing lights on the front and the rear of a school bus, begin to slow down and look for students in the area. NEVER speed up to beat a school bus. Be focused and exercise caution any time you are in the vicinity of a school bus stop.
- When a school bus comes to a full stop and you see the flashing red lights activate and the stop arm deploy you are required to STOP in nearly every instance.
- Be attentive after stopping. Remain stopped until all loading students are aboard in the morning or all unloading students have cleared 12 feet off the roadway in the afternoon.
- Avoid distractions such as texting or talking on the cell phone.
- Obey all traffic laws and speed limits, paying extra attention to the lower speed limits in school zones.
Amazing schools and a focus on the next generation’s future make Saluda River Club proud to boast about the area schools. To learn more about living at Saluda River Club or to schedule a private golf cart tour, please call 803-358-3969 or visit www.saludariverclub.com.